Halloween-themed activities using authentic Latin passages for Latin I-IV; includes 2 mythological board games.
This Halloween curriculum pack includes texts and activities based on authentic Latin readings, but includes variants for each of 4 levels of Latin.
- Latin 1 - modified haunted house story from Pliny
- Latin 2 - modified version of Petronius' werewol
- Latin 3 - Lycaeon's transformation into a wolf from Ovid's Metamorphoses
- Latin 4/AP - Aeneas Goes to Hell (passages from Aeneid 6 including the underworld's entrance, and the descriptions of Charon and Cerberus, which are now on the revised AP Latin syllabus)
Each text is accompanied by a magic list and questions designed to engage students with the text in active, interesting ways. Latin 3 and 4 texts include reading coaches to guide translation.
Two board games with instructions are also included.
- Monster Bingus (Bingo) uses mythological monsters as the clues.
- The Underworld Game teaches about the realm of the dead by asking trivia questions about the Underworld.
Both games make terrific activities for a Latin Club Halloween event (in addition to the toilet paper Mummy Wrapping, without which no Latin Club Halloween would be complete...)
Suggestions for pacing are included with the book. You can get a single day of Halloween fun out of the materials, or up to three-four days of more refined focus.